What is Beacon?
We are a group of committed Christians, on the Wirral, Merseyside, offering prayer for blessing, healing and wholeness for individuals, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our volunteers belong to various mainstream Christian churches and fellowships from across the Wirral.
What are Beacon’s aims?
- We provide Christ-centred, Biblical prayer ministry, teaching, training and practical experience in praying for healing and wholeness.
- Our long-term aim is to open a Christian Healing Centre on the Wirral, a “haven” where people might stay, for short periods, to rest and receive prayer. The Centre would also be used to run training courses to encourage and strengthen Christians in their own churches and communities.
What does Beacon offer?
We offer prayer for healing and wholeness to people of any faith and to those who have no beliefs. We do this in a variety of ways:
- As part of our workshops and conferences
- During prayer ministry for individuals
- Through a “prayer chain” where prayer requests are passed to a intercessors
We adhere to generally accepted guidelines on confidentiality. Please note that there is sometimes a waiting list for individual prayer ministry.
We also provide training to churches, fellowships and small groups in areas such as:
- Listening skills
- Listening to God
- Drawing closer to God
- Praying for healing and wholeness
- Using the gift of prophecy
- Using dance in worship
- Christ-centred relaxation and stress management